Boss Academy Dance Teams learn and perform at a high level, participating in some of the premier national dance competitions!
Being a part of the Boss Dance Team is exciting and rewarding, but also a serious commitment made by students and families. Attendance in all classes is vital for personal growth, group choreography and development as a class. Talent, technical ability, stage presence, dedication, hard work, and a positive attitude are all considerations at Dance Team auditions.
2016 Competition Highlights
Platinum Awards - Top 5 Overall Teen Placements - Top 10 Overall Junior Placements - National Dance Team Invites
- "Too Too Cute" Award - Select Team B - Beach Party on the Moon
The judges said...you made me want to be invited to this party!
- "Electric Energy" Award - Select Team A - Cosmic Thing
The judges said...your energy jumped off the stage!
- “Cruisin’ to a Great Future” Award - Specialty Team - Cruisin’ for a Bruisin’
The judges said….what a great costume, and from the beginning, you had a lot of fun on stage and sent a lot of energy to the audience!
- "You Love What You are Doing and It Shows!" - Katie Halpin – Queen Bee
The judges said….you love to dance, your eyes and face just lit up while you were on stage, you had a lot of fun and so much energy!
- “Keeping it Real” Award - Kaylee Diehl – No Such Thing as Perfect
The judges said….you gave a beautiful performance, you had a real connection to the choreography, and gave a truly honest performance!
- "Elevation" Award - Shaun Collins - Titanium
The judges said...you achieved awesome elevation with your amazing jumps and leaps!
- "God Given Gift" Award - Kaylee Diehl - No Such Thing as Perfect
The judges said...you can learn to dance, but you have a God given gift and a passion for this choreography.
Space – Production Number
- Platinum Awards
- Top score and the Highest Overall Score for Production
- Special Judges Award - “Explosion of Energy!”
The judges said…it was a complete performance with great costume, hair and makeup. Your energy bounced off the stage…you killed it!
- Special Juges Award - "Out of this World!"
The judges said...there were so many elements in this piece and all of the parts just worked together for an out of this world performance!
- People's Choice Award
- Most Entertaining Award
- Miss Petite Dance Ovations – Emily Diehl
- Mr. Teen Dance Ovations – Shaun Collins
- Mr. Teen Turn it Up - Shaun Collins